Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Increasing Demand For Alternative Medicine

I started using the services of a younger doctor after my older doctor sold his practice. I immediately noticed a big difference. The younger doctor openly talked about
  • Alternative Medicine
  • and the use of herbal remedies

Not only did he talk about it, he didn't discourage it.

This is the topic of the CBS article "Demand Fuels Alternative Medicine Classes". Who are against alternative medicine? I suspect that it is the older medical establishment and maybe the pharmaceutical companies.

Here are some of the supplements that have helped me with my doctors approval:

  • Lecithin - it contains choline. One of the good things that it does is prevent and dissolve gall stones. When I started getting gall bladder pains, I started taking 1 tablespoon a day of lecithin rather than run to a surgeon. The pain went away, and I started sleeping well again at night. I love this stuff!
  • L-Carnitine - Can be important if like me, you don't eat very much meat. It helps increase endurance and stamina by transporting fatty acids into muscle cells. This is especially important for the heart muscle.
  • Phytosterols - Helps to reduce the absorption of animal based cholesterol, and may help with enlarged prostate symptoms.
  • Artichoke Extract - Helps to reduce cholesterol, and increases bile flow.

Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment