Monday, October 19, 2009

Toenail Fungus

In The New York Times article "Alternative Medicine Cabinet: Thyme for Toenails", Anahad O'Connor discusses the possibility that Thymol may help cure toenail fungus. Thymol can be found in Vicks VapoRub. This may be a good alternative for some people who do not want to expose themselves to potential serious side effects of some prescription drugs.

I developed the problem of toenail fungus about 15 years ago. There is no quick cure.
I haven't tried Thymol or any of the prescription drugs. I have tried most of the over-the-counter drugs, vinegar and even Epsom salt soaks. The one thing that has really helped me is to blow dry my feet and toenails after every shower, or whenever my feet get wet.

After several years of keeping my feet dry, the fungus is slowly receding. I may give Thymol a try.
Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment