Below are two common Breathing Exercises to help you boost your physical activity performance.
Bellow Breathing or Stimulating Breath Exercise
- Sit up with your spine straight.
- With your mouth closed but relaxed, breathe in and out of your nose about 2 to 3 breathes each second.
- This action moves the diaphragm quickly like a bellows.
- In your first attempt at this exercise, do it for no longer than 15 seconds. With practice, you can slowly increase your exercise time by 5 seconds up to and not exceeding 1 minute.
- Be careful to not hyperventilate.
Abdominal Breathing or Relaxing Breath Exercise
- Exhale completely through your mouth.
- Take a slow and deep breath through your nose. This should take about 4 counts to inhale.
- Hold your breath for a count of 7.
- Slowly exhale through your mouth. This should take up to a count of 8.
- Repeat this cycle again 4 more times for a total of 5 deep breaths.